Intuitive Windows Fax Solutions you have been waiting for!!
Internet Fax for Business
Although some businesses consider communication via fax an anachronism, it is still vital for many industries. Traditionally Fax communication is based on 2 fax machines and telephone lines.
Internet technology introduced Internet Fax - fax communication based on computers with Internet connection. Internet Fax allows transmission of faxes directly from a computer desktop via email (email-to-fax, i.e. faxmail) and receive fax via email (fax-to-email).
Also known as Online Fax, e-Fax, FoIP (Fax-over-IP) or IP Faxing, Internet Fax has many advantages;
- No fax machine/ fax modem - no maintenance, no paper, toner expenditure, possible repairs, etc.
- No telephone subscription - for an additional line dedicated to the fax.
- Mobility - fax your documents from anywhere in the world
- Privacy - The faxes are sent directly to the recipient's account, who is the only one with access to it. The received faxes are not likely to be lost anymore or read by the wrong people.
- Many faxes can be sent or received simultaneously, and faxes can be received while the computer is switched off.
Computer -> Internet -> Fax gateway -> Phone line -> Fax machine
The document to be faxed is attached to an email and sent to Internet Fax Gateway which then transmits it to the recipient fax machine via the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). Then the user receives a confirmation that the sending was carried out by email.
Fax machine -> Phone line -> Fax gateway -> email message (over Internet)
In order to receive faxes a user needs a dedicated fax number hosted by the Internet Fax Provider. Internet Fax Provider receives a traditional fax sent via the PSTN line and converts it into an email attachment.
Windows Fax Service (often referred to as Microsoft Fax) is a part of Windows operating system that allows users on a network to send and receive faxes from their PC desktop. It benefits users in the following ways;
- Intuitive Fax Console helps to organise and monitor faxes, as well as configure user preferences
- Windows Fax Printer facilitates rendering any printable document as a TIFF image on a client computer.
- No third party printer driver is required, no need for third party fax applications
- Sending faxes programmatically using Windows COM interfaces (see sample VB Script )
- Windows Server 2003/2008 brings support for network users (with shared fax printer) and terminal session users, multiple fax devices and outbound routing extensions.
With Windows Fax System faxes can be sent in three simple steps;
- Print the document
- Choose the Fax Printer ( a component of Windows Fax Service)
- Follow Fax wizard to enter recipient’s fax number
facsBridge™ T37FSP is a Windows fax driver that bridges the gap between Internet Fax Gateway and Windows Fax Service. With facsBridge™ you can enjoy intuitive and easy to use Windows desktop faxing.